Just now, three extensions that I rely on every day stopped working. (They are: Collapsible Trello Lists, Trellists: Trello Lists Master, and List Highlighter for Trello.)Is anyone else having a problem with extensions??
Official response from Trello:
"In the past week or so, our team has slowly released new changes to Trello's backend, resulting in many improvements in performance, accessibility, and usability for our users. However, these further improvements have affected how these third-party browser extensions work on Trello. Thus, we've already emailed the developers of these browser extensions about the changes we made and how they can adjust their extensions to work again with Trello."
An update on List Highlighter:https://beingmrkenny.co.uk/web-extensions/list-highlighter-trello/version-5A fix is on the way, but some features are removed.
Yes, I'm having the same issue. List Highlighter and Card Colors.
I reached out to the gentleman who makes List Highlighter and he's gotten multiple reports of the same issue, but it isn't consistent across everyone - it still works fine for him. I have a different coworker who also isn't having any issues - same IT environment.
At least for me it's computer and browser independent - I've tried 3 different computers (work and personal), across Chrome, Firefox, and Edge on each - all to no avail.
It stopped working today. What's going on?
Hi, Paul. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I have also tried different browsers and computers, with no success. I reached out to Trello, and was advised to contact the third-party extension creators. I have not done that yet, but I will.
Great! Here's hoping this works.
It would have been considerate of your users to consider these issues in advance and work with the third parties who supply the essential extensions on which your users rely (and which, quite frankly, should be incorporated into the Trello platform). I spent an hour trying to fix the problem before learning that it was a platform-created problem. As far as "many improvements in performance . . . ," the only change I've noticed is that it is more difficult -- clunky even -- to move a card from one list to another. Please advise when you be able to work the third parties to fix the problem Trello has created.
David, I agree with you 100%, but unless I am confused (always a possibility!), I don't think your comment will be seen by Trello. My understanding is that Paul Brayford, a Trello user but not a Trello employee, was forwarding the official response from Trello. I'm not clear where he got that response -- maybe they emailed him in answer to an email he sent to Trello Support? Paul, if you see my comment here, can you let us know where you found Trello's official response?Anyway, I am not thrilled with how Trello handled this either. When I first started having problems -- with a few extensions, not just one, and also suddenly and at the same time -- I emailed Trello Support. This was their initial response:
Hi Meredith,
Thanks for getting in touch about this. Sorry for the trouble.
These are third-party integrations, so we don't work with the companies directly. If they aren't working the way you would expect, then I recommend reaching out directly to the creator of the extensions.
However as a first step, have you tried disabling and re-enabling the extensions on your browser?You can also do a check-up on your browser. I'm sorry if some of these steps are redundant, but they should help troubleshoot more quickly. Please see the article Troubleshooting browser issues with Trello for detailed instructions on troubleshooting any problems with Trello in the browser.
Please let us know how you go!
Sincerely, -----Trello Support Team.
Okay, here's my official email repsonse:
I can confirm that the issue with these extensions is due to some changes we've been rolling out in the back-end to rewrite boards for better accessibility, performance, and maintainability for our users. This affected how browser extensions interact with Trello.We let the extensions' developers know so they are aware of this change, and how to fix it to make them active again. So I'd recommend contacting the developers directly as they will be the best to help since they maintain the integrations. Sorry for the impact this issue has caused on your work in the meantime!
I'll close out this ticket now, but please feel free to write back in if you have any further questions or concerns. We'll be here to help.
Sincerely,Suzie.Trello Support Team.
I am having this problem in Chrome. I get my Trello extensions to work by clearing cookies, but I have to do that every time I reopen Chrome. I don't know why this keeps happening. I think I have tried everything.
Good news: the Collapsible Trello Lists extension is working again! Still no luck with List Highlighter or Trellists, but . . . progress.
Same problem here with "Trellists: Trello Lists Master". Hope Trello won't give up on this extension.
Trello has, in a sense, given up on the extensions, in that they are saying now that they have emailed the extension developers and told them how to fix the problem. If you contact Trello, they will tell you to contact the extension developer. And then they will close out your support ticket.
Glad to hear it
List Highlighter is now patched - Firefox has had version 5.0.0 out for about a week now, and it went live for Chrome this morning. Working in both for me now!
It works on Opera as well! So happy to have this extension back.
Jan 23 2024. Trello update broke List Highlighter. Fix on way. More in other thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Extensions-not-working/qaq-p/2501939
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.