I am looking to add some fields to the clone issue screen. Currently the only field available to modify for the cloned issue is the summary field. I want to add the description field and possibly a custom field to the clone issue screen. For now just adding the description field will be acceptable.
My initial approach was to develop a custom plugin using a webwork action to extend CloneIssueDetails. The problem I ran into with this is that the template files are .jsp files. I do not want to modify JIRA's .jsp files since from what I have read maintenance will become troublesome as these files will need to be updated every time JIRA is updated.
What would be the best approach to go about adding a field to the clone issue screen? Is there a way to accomplish this with a custom plugin without modifying JIRA's .jsp files or is there an alternative solution?