So I submitted a simple, but well requested addon (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35124 https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-30197https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1676) for Jira over the weekend to the marketplace (for FREE). Today I checked to see if it was approved, and it said rejected with the message:
"Contains 'junk' assets which are not descriptive i.e repeated images of sudo with text sudo. Please see our branding guidelines: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/MARKET/Branding+your+add-on"
And while the response is probably true, this addon has literally ZERO visual elements, it allows admins to 'sudo' and issue REST commands as other users without needing their credentials (see https://bitbucket.org/daviderickson/jirasudo). So why on earth does the marketplace force you to submit 3 highlights and screenshots of your addon when they should certainly know that there may not even be 3 screenshots worth of functionality in valuable addons submitted to the marketplace?
That alone is bad enough, but I thought to myself maybe I could be smug and take some pictures of http headers, or json responses to get past this hurdle, but when I went to edit the Details of my addon there isn't even a way for me to edit the highlights to 'fix' and resubmit.
Am I the only one that thinks this isn't exactly embracing the community that is fixing deficiencies and adding value to your products?