I'm going to migrate our bugzilla database to our JIRA setup.
I would like to run the 2 systems in parallel, while people get used to the new system and then eventually decommission bugzilla completely. To do this I propose:
1) Migrating closed-only bugzilla bugs (we do need to refer back to what we did). I believe the import feature is customisable:
- Forum post "Custom JIRA Import functionality": http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?messageID=257350177
- Forum post about selective importing migration"cherry picking import frombugzilla": http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?messageID=257318941
- There are various tools to do tweaking once the import has been done: http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?messageID=257344300
2) Have 2 way referencing: JIRA record titles begin with the bugzilla number, e.g. [BUG1234]. A URL to the old bugzilla database in the JIRA record text, maybe a custom field as well. In the Bugzilla record, the title will begin with the new JIRA number, e.g. [JIRA1234]. A URL in the bugzilla comment text to link directly to the JIRA.
The first bit is already possible I believe:
- forum post "[JIRA-user] Linking bugIDs with Bugzilla database "- http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?messageID=257252612�
The bugzilla update with JIRA bit would probably be a custom hack, unless anyone knows how to do this/done it already.
3) Freeze closed bugzilla bugs to stop people adding anything new to them in bugzilla. They should re-open the JIRA equivalent. This would be a custom hack to bugzilla I would do myself, unless anyone knows how to do this -
See also http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6439380/bugzilla-closed-fixed-bugs-how-to-stop-further-comments-being-added-to-bug-due
4) Be able to migrate a bugzilla *component* within a project, into its own JIRA project. Want to do this for one or two bugzilla components but not all of them. The rest can be a straight map: bugzilla product->jira project, within that, bugzilla component->jira component.
Your thoughts, suggestions on the above, please. Thanks in advance.