We are using Advanced Roadmaps to view large programmes of work and one huge piece of work will span multiple programmes (a Programme or Programmes). So - I was hoping to link the programmes together (using the standard link functionality) and create a query that will bring back all the children tickets and the top level Programmes that make up the Programme of Programmes.
One Programme will be the master with 3 or 4 programmes linked to it (lets say using "child of" links)
PROG-1 will be the master.
Bear in mind we are still using Jira DC until mid 2024 - so we are using ScriptRunner for DC.
I know I can use issuekey in childissuesof("UKIPROG-1") or issuekey in childissuesof("UKIPROG-2") etc.
But this depends on altering the filter if new Programmes are added and it would be easier to get them to just add a "child of" link to the Programme up to PROG-1
I am also aware that we could put another layer in the Advanced Roadmaps hierarchy but the business wants to avoid that as we already have quite a few layers.
I have had a quick look at nesting JQL and it broke my brain - so posting here.
Thanks
Dave.