I cannot start JIRA 7.0.0 or 7.0.10 with the same error.
Trying to upgrade from JIRA 6.4.12 with ALL PLUGINS DISABLED
But getting the same error every time when I try access it thru web:
JIRA Startup Failed
Error occurred while starting component 'com.atlassian.jira.event.DefaultListenerManager'. caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField.setDescription(Ljava/lang/String;)V
catalina.out log:
2016-02-07 05:30:06,387 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [c.a.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener] Memory Usage:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heap memory : Used: 972 MiB. Committed: 8879 MiB. Max: 8879 MiB
Non-heap memory : Used: 189 MiB. Committed: 204 MiB. Max: 1264 MiB
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL : Used: 1160 MiB. Committed: 9083 MiB. Max: 10143 MiB
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016-02-07 05:30:06,621 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [c.a.j.web.dispatcher.JiraWebworkActionDispatcher]
******************************************
JIRA startup failed, JIRA has been locked.
******************************************
07-Feb-2016 05:30:06.656 SEVERE [Catalina-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start Unable to create directory for deployment: /home/jira/main/conf/Catalina/localhost
07-Feb-2016 05:30:06.671 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8080"]
07-Feb-2016 05:30:06.682 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Server startup in 175913 ms
2016-02-07 05:30:20,091 Modification Check:thread-1 INFO [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger]
I found that there is something wrong with com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.databasecf:
2016-02-07 05:29:56,218 FelixDispatchQueue ERROR [c.a.p.o.container.felix.FelixOsgiContainerManager] Framework error in bundle com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.databasecf
but got no clue how to fix it. Also I can't find any documentation for migration steps before upgrading JIRA from 6 to 7. Please help.
See full log message with exceptions is here:
http://pastebin.com/zGFwXqDU