Hi, call me stupid but I'm not even sure how/where to start with this: https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-server-rest-api/advanced-searching-using-cql. I have the latest version server instance of Confluence and what's written in there doesn't make sense to me at all, so let me start with a few questions and if anyone of you can help me, I'll be very appreciative:
- Do I actually need an add-on to use the CQL 'interface' to configure my CQL searches?
- I ran 'wiki/rest/capabilities' and it returned a response but what does this mean i.e. what now?
- How could I, for example, find all content where the creator is jsmith - I mean that link above says: 'creator = jsmith', but what does this mean? Where is that set? Hence my confusion!
- It says add your query using fields, operators, field values etc as the value for the CQL query parameter, but again what does this mean? Do I just tweak and run a query, then hit enter? And if so, how would I do that using the above 'creator = jsmith' search or even more parameters for that matter - does anybody have any more examples I can reference?
Thanks all in advance and apologies if the questions are simple, but I've been reading through that page for some time now without success (apart from the successful running of '/wiki/rest/capabilities'.
Thanks!