External links work with the "insert link" dialog, but one link we use does not work. The link (different text or original) changes into text when the page is saved.
Can it be the number of or certain characters that are in the web link?
Used link:
http://www.logistiek.nl/blogs/artikelen/id477-Doorslaan_op_lean_plaszakken_en_andere_ongein.html?cmpid=NLC|logistiek|27-okt-2011|Doorslaan%20op%20lean:%20plaszakken%20en%20andere%20ongein
It's because of invalid characters in the URL
URLEncode these
After saving the question I see that the link does work here, if we copy-paste the link in our confluence page it does not work.
Hi David,
I changed the "|" and ":" but still the same results. And if I copy the changed link into a browser the link does not work anymore.
Do I mis something or do you have other suggestions?
Technically, there is a 256 character limit on URLs, although most browsers seem to allow higher limits. I don't think that Confluence does any checking on it though, although that may have changed in Confluence 4.
Hi Heering,
You might have missed one of them perhaps, I just tried out David's suggestion, resulting in http://www.logistiek.nl/blogs/artikelen/id477-Doorslaan_op_lean_plaszakken_en_andere_ongein.html?cmpid=NLC%7Clogistiek%7C27-okt-2011%7CDoorslaan%20op%20lean%3A%20plaszakken%20en%20andere%20ongein and it linked up ok in Confluence 4.
John
Hi John, David,
Thank you both, I works now for me. Probably missed a character somewhere.
You can always make a tiny URL and insert that instead (www.tinyurl.com)
I had a similar problem of inserting links from SharePoint.
Here a quick video what I have done. I hope it helps.
https://youtu.be/1416Mw38I84
add the link using text edit mode. it works better. Visual edit mode adds a square brackets in some scenarios, that makes the link to fail.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.