Let's say I have some stylized lists I want people to use. One style is just good ol' bullets, with indented text between the bullets. Then there are numbered lists, again with paragraphs and perhaps secondary bullets. Another is a set of instructions with a Title (how to do this or that), a set of steps indented and numbered, with indented explanation paragraphs between them, and maybe sub-steps - there might even be bullets in there. Another distinct possibility is a table with a very particular format, say one of three different formats that we want to use, depending on the information carried in the table.
The writer must be able to edit the text, add more steps and explanations, or more rows, etc. Well, I can't do it with a macro (can I? Can a macro just throw editable text into a page? And cease to be a macro after that?). I can't employ re-usable pages (because you can't edit them). I don't want people to have to go to a space that contains template-like boilerplates and copy them in piece by piece. I can control appearance of individual blocks with custom css and the "class=" construct in Confluence markup. But that's kind of icky and only works one line at a time, not for a whole bunch of classes stuck together like a complex list or table.
How do people do this?