Hi,
I've set up Jira to parse incoming emails and have it automatically set up issues in a project called SUPPORT. I've edited the permission scheme for this project. Browse Projects is set to Group (Anyone) and Create Issues is set to Group (Anyone). I've done this so that when Person A emails in and ccs Person B an issue is created and one of our developers gets an email about it. When they reply this email it is then sent to both Person A and Person B, which is great. unfortunately we have one or two users in our Jira with login details and we don't want them to be able to browser the SUPPORT project. I am wondering what is the best way to achieve something like this?
Ideally I would love to go into the permission scheme and set browse project to Group(Anyone) AND NOT Group(group_not_allowed_see_support) but this doesn't seem possible or am I missing something.
What I'm thinking of doing is setting the browse projects to Group(user_allowed_to_view_support). But to do this I'd have to add new users to this group automatically. I can either do this is 2 ways I think. I could add a trigger to the underlying database or write some script/plugin in Jira for this? I would be very unfamiliar with the latter.
So I am wondering if I am going about this the right way? Or have I missed something basic in Jira? We have only started using it in our company. Is there something with the Issue security scheme that could help me out? Is there already a plugin that solves my problem.
Thanks for taking time to read my question,
Rick.