When editing the custom field, I see "Version options:All versions available for the project of the issue". How are these options set? I can't find the documentation on this.
You might want to create a new custom field type. It is not possible out of the box in JIRA.
You can also modify the template for version picker and restart JIRA. Remove the following from edit-version.vm under WEB-INF/classes/templates/plugins/fields/edit:
#if ($releasedVersion && !$releasedVersion.empty) <optgroup label="$i18n.getText('common.filters.releasedversions')"> #foreach ($option in $releasedVersion) <option#if ($selectedValues && $selectedValues.contains($option.id.toString())) selected="selected"#end value="$option.id"> $textutils.htmlEncode($option.name) </option> #end </optgroup> #end
Remember, if you do this, you will have to do this for every JIRA upgrade!
I guess the archived versions are not shown in version picker fields.
Agreed, but my requirement was single-pick.
I have two single version picker custom fields. In one of them I'd like to only show unreleased versions.
Actually the affects versions and fixversions (the standard fields) exactly serve these purpose.
Anyone else?
Can released versions be hidden only for "Fix Versions"? We do not want users to select a fix for a version that has already been released.
If its a version picker custom field, and you would like to hide released versions for a single field, try this
1. Edit the file in WEB-INF\classes\templates\plugins\fields\edit\edit-version.vm
Replace
#if ($releasedVersion && !$releasedVersion.empty) <optgroup label="$i18n.getText('common.filters.releasedversions')"> #foreach ($option in $releasedVersion) <option#if ($selectedValues && $selectedValues.contains($option.id.toString())) selected="selected"#end value="$option.id"> $textutils.htmlEncode($option.name) </option> #end </optgroup> #end
with
#if($customField.id != '<YOUR CUSTOM FIELD ID>') #if ($releasedVersion && !$releasedVersion.empty) <optgroup label="$i18n.getText('common.filters.releasedversions')"> #foreach ($option in $releasedVersion) <option#if ($selectedValues && $selectedValues.contains($option.id.toString())) selected="selected"#end value="$option.id"> $textutils.htmlEncode($option.name) </option> #end </optgroup> #end #end
I am still trying to hide the released versions from the "Fix Versions" system field but unable to do so. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Bhushan
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.