When I push to a remote branch that has a PR open, bitbucket responds with
remote:remote: View pull request for feature => main:remote: https://stash.my_company.io/projects/my_proj/repos/my_code/pull-requests/1234remote:
I can parse this output and `open 'https://stash.my_company.io/projects/my_proj/repos/my_code/pull-requests/1234'` from the command line.
However, if I don't have anything to push but I still want to open up my PR from the command line, I cannot figure out how to do it.
***
I want to be able to learn what PR my current branch has open. How to ask the server this?
I have a script that helps me open up a PR from the command line.
#!/bin/bashfunction browser_pr_for_current_branch_in_pwd_stash() { local spec repo branch if ! branch="$(git branch --show-current)"; then echo "ERROR" return 1 fi # We want to extract the "spec" and "repo", then prepend 'users' or # 'projects' to them depending on what type of repo it is (use the tilde to # determine this) IFS="," read -r spec repo < <(git remote -v | awk -F '[/ ]' '/fetch/ {print $4 "," $5}') repo="${repo%.git}" case "$spec" in ~*) spec="users/$(tr -d '~' <<< "$spec")" ;; *) spec="projects/$(tr 'a-z' 'A-Z' <<< "$spec")" ;; esac # Build the URL and return the answer echo "https://my_company.ilabs.io/${spec}/repos/$repo/compare/commits?sourceBranch=refs/heads/$branch"}if url="$(browser_pr_for_current_branch_in_pwd_stash "$PWD")"; then open "$url"fi
And I invoke it like so:
git pr
But what I'd like is that I could first query the server and see if there is already a PR open before trying to create a new one.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.