This should be easy but I must be doing something wrong.
I am on JIRA 5.0.7.
We use HTML format as a default.
I am looking to add the Fix Version(s) to the email for issue udpates.
On my server I go to:
C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\html
and edit:
issueupdated.vm
I added the following table row with some simple text:
</td>
</tr>
<tr valign="top">
<td>
This is a test of the e-mail template system.
</td>
</tr>
#end
#parse("templates/email/html/includes/footer.vm")
I then changed this file as well:
C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\subject\issueupdated.vm
and changed the text from:
($issue.key) $issue.summary
To:
($issue.key) $issue.summary - Test
I save my files and restart JIRA. I change an issue and get an e-mail but I do not see any of my changes.
I thought this could be done directly via the templates or do I have to have the src code.
Or is there a step I am missing here.
Thanks