For JIRA ver. 5.2.
Dinu, I coded the solution you are looking for, it is only the initial release, so it may not fully meet your expectations, but please let me know if you ahve suggestions to improve it.
After installing the plugin there will be a new "RSS (Worklogs)" under the "Views" tab
http://maven.edwardawebb.com/repository/releases/com/edwardawebb/jira-worklog-searchview/0.0.1/jira-worklog-searchview-0.0.1.jar
I think you would need to build your own search view. But using the existing source code in JIRA to model off the RSS (comments) view you could easily build your own Search Request View
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Search+Request+View+Plugin+Module
I understand the recommendation, but I am not looking to work under JIRA's hood. Why shouldn't this be an option for the end-user to select from (in other words, why should't it be added to the two existing Views|RSS choices?)? It is obviously much more useful for issue management than getting the long list of collaborative comments.
Fair. Question, would you want the work logs grouped by issue, or just historical view based on time.
1. Hugely interested to try your plugin. Many thanks!
2. I have just tried (04/18/2013 @ 15:15) to download the jar, but I am getting a 404 error?
3. My answer your earlier question: "historical view based on time"
YOu may have tried to download before I fixed the link to version 0.0.1, please try again.
Still the same problem (NOTE: the version indicated in this message is 1.0.0 while your message says 0.0.1?!) :
The requested URL /repository/releases/com/edwardawebb/jira-worklog-searchview/1.0.0/jira-worklog-searchview-1.0.0.jar was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
It does work much better now! I will play around with it for a while. Would it be too much to ask if you could place the "RSS (Worklogs)" option in the same place as the other two RSS options?
Sorry, I raised the order as high as I could, but I would need to add some gritty JS hacks to align it with the others I think, and would rather not risk breaking it when the make UI updates.
After more than a couple of hours of investigation, I have found one particular record which had a Worklog comment which caused the entire RSS feed of worklogs to be obliterated. I have removed that particular worklog entry, re-entered it per the original (not copied but re-typed!) and the problem got fixed. Very strange. I would appreciate any comment you may have regarding this incident.
Eddie thanks for your reply! The offending worklog entry was as follows (highlighted):
Damir Tatalovic logged work - Mon, Jul 15, 2013 07:14 AM - edited Time Spent: 25d current status: Testing apps: testing off apps from "Top 100 paid native apps & games" list is completed (spreadsheet 100TopPaidNativeApps&GamesAndroid_20130719.xlsx is attached). Support for static executables: debugging next steps Start testing off apps by different categories (Top 25 Category: Media & Video, Music & Audio, Tools, Communications) Support for static executables: debugging
I tried a couple of things with the above entry, but finally I gave up and considered the goal acomplished since the RSS (Worklogs) feed was again functional. If you correct your plugin, I would greatly appreciate the update (to avoid future similar problems).
Hello Eddie,
I hope you are doing fine and continue to provide extremely valuable help to Atlassian customers.
Would it be possible to get an updated version of the plug in (jira-worklog-searchview-0.0.2.jar) which would work for JIRA ver. 7?
Many thanks in advance,
-Dinu
Just to add a note, it produces this error in catalina.out:
2015-10-28 08:40:21,330 http-nio-8080-exec-7 ERROR [o.a.c.c.C.[.[localhost].[/].[searchrequest-view]] Servlet.service() for servlet [searchrequest-view] in context with path [] threw exception [Servlet execution threw an exception] with root causejava.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraAuthenticationContext.getLoggedInUser()Lcom/atlassian/crowd/embedded/api/User; at com.edwardawebb.atlassian.plugin.jira.searchrequest.WorklogRssView.writeSearchResults(WorklogRssView.java:96) at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.searchrequestview.DefaultSearchRequestURLHandler.handleRequest(DefaultSearchRequestURLHandler.java:419) at com.atlassian.jira.web.servlet.SearchRequestViewServlet.doGet(SearchRequestViewServlet.java:28) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:618) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:725) ... 133 filtered at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.issuenav.LegacyTextQueryUrlRedirectFilter.doFilter(LegacyTextQueryUrlRedirectFilter.java:43) ... 56 filtered at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.