Hi,
I'm completely new to Atlassian's software solutions. I'm currently evaluating a combination of Jira and Confluence for our business. Additionally, we would like to setup an internet/intranet support forum (should support setup of internal/external user privileges). Can I setup such a forum with Confluence or do Atlassian have an additional software solution for running forums?
Thanks in advance,
- Morten
Hi Morten,
I have been investigatin Forum options for Confluence and the result is not promising.
I totally agree with your comments on Community Bubbles.
Unfortunately we had jumped on Confluence boat without proper investigation and we are kind of stuch with it. (for now)
As far as I know Jira became almost an industry standart.
I suggest you to look HigherLogic (http://www.higherlogic.com/Home/) which are great for professional/social networking.
It may the answer to your questions.
It is very flexible so eventhough you'd like to go with Jira without confluence they can figure out a way to connect two systems. (they may already have)
I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Selcuk
kindly have a look at this
Community Bubbles is a free plugin which provide that functionality.
i believe vbulletin can be modified to use your crowd or jira authenticator.
Thank you for the quick response. So Atlassian is not offering their own natively integrated forum solution? I find this very strange considering they offer so many different software solutions. That could be is a deal breaker for us in regards to choosing a Jira + Confluence solution.
I am aware of Community Bubbles. To be honest, my first impressions aren't that positive. It has a 2/4 star rating, looks "amateurish" and I lack some documentation on the possibilities for setting up separate front-end views for internet/intranet access.
I am looking for a professional forum solution like IP.Board and vBulletin. We need 24/7 support, more than 300 concurrent user sessions, and full integration with our defect management and collaboration tools. I'm not sure if Community Bubbles can deliver that, but I'll give it a try.
Dear partners,
But why after install community bubbles, it showed the message as shown as below:
license2.jpg
thank you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.