Hey everyone and especially the Atlassian team!
We currently have all the AI features available in our instance, but are having a tough time to actually have them also available to our end users in a simple enough way. I think there are a few approaches Atlassian could take to make the end user experience for the AI features a bit better.
The addition of the AI bot is nice, but while we do use Slack it's only for a small part of our organization where most use Teams. Having it available in Teams sooner than later would be nice. I have raised my interest in the suggestion JSDCLOUD-12279 and would suggest other users of Teams would do so also.
Regarding some of the ideas I would like to see AI implemented to are for the Jira Service Management Portal.
As we all know there is a search available there, but that does not have the Ask AI feature which would make sense to be implemented. The portal experience is overall a bit too hard to grasp for some of our end users and currently I have made an announcement in the portal to go over to Confluence to make these AI searches. Making end users bounce between two distinct services just to make use of the AI seems like a not so optimal way of doing things.
The other place I would like to see AI used is for individual fields within the forms published to the portal. It would make sense to me that issues described within the summary field could also use the AI to give answers rather than suggesting articles. I think this would actually make the deflected count go up rather than people getting suggestions for entire articles.