So I have 1 main table which I'm using to join my other tables off of...
T1:
|| Ref || Name || Control Ref || Test Case Location || Last Tested || Testing Evidence ||
Then I have multiple tables that need to join onto that table to form the picture of what I want that look like:
T*
|| Control Ref || Test Description || Expected Result || Last Tested || Testing Evidence ||
The problem I have that I want to join them all and display their columns in a specific way:
|| Ref || Name || Control Ref || Test Description || Expected Result || Last Tested || Testing Evidence ||
Note: The last tested / testing evidence from T* are excerpt into T1 and thus are the same values
If I use "Lookup" then it just tacks the T* columns at the end.. which doesn't work.
And if I try and use T*.'Test Description' in the SQL query it falls over itself with a SyntaxError.
I can get it to work fine for just 2 tables joining each other. As soon as there are 2 or more of the second table types then it falls over. The problem is I can't specify:
SELECT T1.'Ref', T1.'Name', T1.'Control Ref', T2.'Test Description' ...
Because then T3, T4 etc don't get that column filled in
Is there a solution?
*edited for clearer column names*
A hacky solution is to label the T1 columns slightly different names (like a random character at the end) because the columns are duplicated, and then a table filter to hide the ones I don’t want. But it wouldn’t help if I actually wanted to place T1 columns back in the list after T* ones