Does ayone know what the regex is that confluences uses to set passwords?
You might be looking for this:
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Password+Hash+Algorithm
Do you mean the regex to validate the password while the user sets a new one or the logic to generate a new password when the user wants to reset it?
As far as I know Confluence has no password policy except that it can't be empty. For better password control there was the User Security Management plugin from Adaptavist, sadly it is no longer being actively maintained.
To generate new passwords Confluence uses java.security.SecureRandom to generate a random sequence of bytes.
Hope this helps
Apologies for the necropost, but is this also the case for Jira? I looked around and this is the only thing I found about password hashing.
Thanks.
Actually necromancer is one of the badges .
Yes. It's the same for JIRA. You can see a similar process over at the JIRA password reset.
Hi, thanks for answering!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.