UPM plugin version 2.12.2, Jira 6.0.5
Our log file contains lots of timeout errors caused by UPM.
2013-08-01 13:39:51,874 QuartzScheduler_Worker-2 WARN ServiceRunner RemotePluginLicenseNotificationPluginJob-job [atlassian.upm.notification.PluginLicenseNotificationCheckerImpl] Automatic license update check failed: com.atlassian.upm.mac.HamletException: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to marketplace.atlassian.com:443 timed out
We configured the proxy server as described in this KB article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+Configure+an+Outbound+HTTP+Proxy+for+JIRA
The Marketplace itself does work: I'm able to browse, download and install plugins.
When I try to acccess the "Purchased Add-ons" page, I can supply my Atlassian login credentials, after login the dialog disappears, and after a while it pops up again and it reports "Sorry, an error occurred while attempting to refresh your purchased add-ons list."
I investigated the source of the MarketplaceClientConfiguration.class. It turns out it is only taking the http.proxyHost / proxyPort System Propery into account, it does not set the proxy configuration for HTTPS (defined with https.proxyHost / proxyPort).
com.atlassian.upm.pac.MarketplaceClientConfiguration (atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin-2.12.2.jar)
...
String proxyHost = getSystemProperty("http.pac.proxyHost", "http.proxyHost", null);
if (proxyHost != null)
{
...
// no setting for https.proxyHost
I see no possibility to workaround this. We would like to connect to the Marketplace, access to "Purchased Add-Ons" would be nice, but we do want to get rid of the logs regarding the timeout.
Please assist. Atlassian Support redirected me to here, because for some reason the use of a proxy server is considered as "Third Party".