How can I write a formula that iterates over all subtasks and checks if the value of a certain custom field in the subtask is undefined?
Hello @Surekha Gupta If you mean sub-tasks as in Sub-task issue type, then you can use a formula like this:if issuetype = "sub-task" and !field_name: "undefined"Best regards,Stepan KholodovTempo
Hi Stepan,
Thank you for your suggestion. However, what I am looking for is a syntax equivalent to a "for statement" in C.
For (all subtasks for the current row){
if subtask meets certain condition
goto end
else
aggregate subtask cutom field to parent
}
end
I'm afraid it's not clear to me what exactly you're trying to achieve in the structure. To avoid any misunderstanding, please share a screenshot of your structure with:
And please provide examples of what kind of data you want the formula to return.
Alternatively, you can reach out to us directly at our support portal and we continue the discussion there.
Best regards,Stepan KholodovTempo
Hi Stepan, I have another post for the same question that has screenshots and details but no one answered that, so I was trying to simplify/ask a more generic question. Here is that post:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Formula-to-find-longest-pole-if-all-subtasks-have-target-date/qaq-p/2459478
Does that help clarify what I am looking for?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.