I wonder if is really needed add the Jira server address into the trusted sites list when using IE8. Will I be able to enjoy all functionalities even in case of don't change anything on browser configs?
It shouldn't be necessary to add JIRA as a trusted site in IE8 - I do all my testing without this option and have never encountered a problem.
This depend on the current security level of the current 'Web content zone' in which your JIRA server address is placed in. If it is not placed in any other zone, it automatically belongs to the 'Internet' zone.
If a (custom) security level is defined for whatever the zone to which your JIRA server belongs, and if that security level blocks javascripts and popus, that affects the functionality of JIRA.
Dashboard gadgets and certain other end user functionalities requiore javascript.
User picker needs popup to be enabled.
As a suimmary what I can say is, you need to check it with the securitry level. However, if security levels are set to default, you don't need to change any specific security settings.
Trusted Sites is not necessary for JIRA. In fact, IE8 is listed as a supported platform by Atlassian.
No longer relevant
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.