I am runnning Conlfuence 4.3.3 using Active Directory for authentication. I'm experiencing an issue that is similiar to:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/309014/ldap-authentication-not-working-confluence
The majority of our users have no problems at all. But there are a few users who are able to successfully log-in, do their work, and then log-out. When they go back to log-in again at some later time, they receive a password incorrect error.
In the atlassian-confluence.log I see the following error for each attempt the users make to log-in:
tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.
At first I thought maybe their Active Directory password expired, but that wasn't an issue. I had these users reset their password just to be sure they were typing in what they thought was the correct password, that didn't work either. I double-checked they were in the correct groups to access Confluence and that was fine.
The very strange part is if these users wait some undetermined time interval and try to log-in again, it is now successful without me changing anything.
Has anyone else experienced this behavior before and have thoughts as to what might be going on?
Thank you for your help.