One of the ways my company uses Confluence is for field service reports of our machines. One of the things that has always been a pain is having to generate a table containing all of the client's machines for each report.
Is there a way to pass a dynamic variable to a PocketQuery query that will make this process easier?
Our data structure: a table containing company address, ID number, and list of machines.
Can I pass the company's ID, for example, to a query that pulls the machines for that ID and place it into a table for each Confluence page?
Just to clarify I know that I can already do this using a query containing the correct company ID, but the ID is just a number that does not change. Doing what I am attempting to accomplish in this way would mean that I'd have to create a new PocketQuery query for each company, which would amount to thousands of macros whose only different would be a number!
If not, do you have any suggestions about how I can tackle an issue like this?
EDIT: I was thinking about attempting to create a macro if it would give me the functionality I'm looking for. I know it is possible to embed macros within other macros, do you think I could do something like the following mockup using pocketquery if what I ask in the original question is not possible?
screenshotsample - Copy.gif