Hello there,
I have this project where I have the issue types Epics, Stories, Tasks and Sub-tasks.
Now, there's this custom field (Acceptance Criteria) that I want to be a required field on Epics and Stories, but not on the other issue types.
Initially, I had all the above issue types sharing the screen and screen scheme (Scrum Default Screen Scheme), so the custom field would appear on all issue types.
As I don't want this, I duplicated the screen and screen scheme, removed the Acceptance Criteria field from there, renamed it Scrum Default Screen Scheme - Task / Sub-Task to avoid confusion, and assigned both Task and Sub-task issue types to that scheme. I'd expect for these two issue types to not have the Acceptance Criteria required field present or to block their creation in any way.
However, when creating a Task or Sub-task, indeed the Acceptance Criteria field is not there (not even hidden), but when I try to create the ticket after filling in all the info, it blocks me with a warning saying 'Acceptance Criteria is required' warning.
Upon looking for the Acceptance Criteria field on the Fields Configuration menu, it;s not assigned to any other screen other than the initial Scrum Default Screen, yet it's still affecting the new Scrum Default Screen - Task / Sub-task.
Any ideas on why this is happening? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!