Hi,
I'm experimenting with my company's established Confluence site, trying to create a place for our designers to share libraries of images (stock photos, icons, etc.).
I haven't found anything in the out-of-the-box features or plug-in marketplace that seems dead-on, so I'm just curious to know whether anyone has created something like this before, and how.
It seems like I can get half-way there by customizing the Attachment Table to show thumbnails, but at first glance, this still appears to come up short. Here are a few of the things I'm running into:
- I'd like to display thumbnails by default, allowing the user to hover or click a thumbnail to view the image's name and view/edit its labels, but:
- It seems like Attachment Table links all cells directly to the image file.
- Gallery does the thumbnails-only view well, but doesn't provide access to view/edit their names or labels, or to download the full versions.
- I'd like the ability for these collections to scale (hundreds of images at first, thousands eventually) but:
- Just from initially playing with the Attachments and Attachment Table items, I don't see any indication of pagination.
- I'd like to allow users to search and see thumbnails in the search results, but:
- I haven't found any info on a plugin that can do this yet.
Thanks for any advice you can share.
-Mike