I'm using JIRA REST to retrieve tickets assigned to particular developer. This is what I've come up with :
http://<JIRA host>/rest/api/2/search?jql=updated>-1h AND assignee in ('david123','daniel123') AND status in ('open','reopened','in progress')
It should return zero result, as there is no such username in the database. (I tested it by copying and pasting the same query string in browser address bar and got zero result. ). However, it returns bunch of tickets assigned to other developers. If I use URL encoding for spaces and quotes such as :
http://<JIRA HOST>/rest/api/2/search?jql=updated%3E-1h%20AND%20assignee%20in%20(%22david123%22%2C%22daniel123%22)%20AND%20status%20in%20%28%22open%22%2C%22reopened%22%2C%22in progress%22)
It gives this error : "Error in the JQL Query: The quoted string 'in' has not been completed. (line 1, character 86)" The same query string works just fine in browsers.
I appreciate much if anyone could point out the mistake I made in my query string.
EDIT : I posted the wrong query string and error message. I fixed it just now.
EDIT : Just to give better context, I'm using CURL in PHP script to retrieve those tickets.