Hello,
We recently installed Jira for a project that currently uses SVN repositories. We then added the SVN plugin so that we can use Jira with this source code. We have Green Hopper, but we do not have Fisheye. I understand that the SVN plugin will provide the ability to see the commits associated with an issue without the Fisheye plugin. I guess my first question is whether this is correct, or do we need Fisheye also (or instead of the SVN plugin)?
My real question regarding the SVN plugin:
I was trying to test the plugin by following the instructions on the plug-in page, and in step 2, after creating the test project, it says to grant the current user 'view version control permission'. However, this is not a permission that is listed on the Jira Permissions Page that I can add, even though I'm logged in as a Jira administrator. Unfortunately I have to work through another system administrator, so it is not possible to just try things. Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on? Is there something in the configuration file that has to be uncommented so that this permission is available? I looked at the configuration file, and there are several lines under the Fisheye section that are not commented, while all other sections are commented out (e.g. Web Linking, ViewCVS 1.0-Dev through 1.0.4, and WebClient for SVN).
Thank you for your help.
Geri