Hi,
When migration from 4.1.2, I decided to take advantage of the improved LDAP support. In our 4.1.2 instance, we were using LDAP for authentication, with users being replicated in Jira, and group membership maintained in Jira.
The upgrade guide does mention that the osuser.xml file should be there for the migration to happen properly, but for some reason I overlooked that when migrating (I did so many tests before...). I ended up re-creating the LDAP directory in the migrated instance.
Things work relatively smoothly, BUT there are some quirks. In particular, users that exist in both directories are inconsistent in their group memberships. In the user browser, if I search by group, selecting a jira-group, users will be listed because they were members of that group in the previous instance, although the details of that user do not show that group anymore.
I am not too far from having a script to fix this - at least, I have a script which detects the inconsistencies. Now, I am wondering if
- Atlassian provides a tool for that ? (Could I perhaps re-run that one specific migration task manually ?)
- If not, could someone confirm that, provided that group memberships are fine, I can go ahead and delete the user records on the internal directory ? Is using com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.DirectoryManager.removeUser(dirId, userName) is the right way to go ? I'm a little wary of using non-public APIs of course.