We have 3.5 running on a dev server and 3.5 running on a prod server (both are running Windows). The info on the dev server (spaces, not users) is very outdated, so we wanted to make sure both instances had the same info.
I did a backup on the prod server and tried to import it into the dev server and it just stopped after 8% and gave me an error message. Not realizing how bad this was, I didn't copy down the error message, just figured I'd try the import again. Yes, I know that was stupid :-)
Now, I can't even get into Confluence on the dev server because it wiped out our SQL database info.
I am trying to figure out a. how to get the database info restored so I can at least get back in and b. how to make sure both instances have the same info.
I am really new at this and I've read and read and read the documentation until I think I am more confused than when all this started. All the advice I've gotten is to try to restore the backup and that sounds like a wonderful plan, but since I cannot even get into Confluence, I have no idea if or how this can be done.
Is it possible to just copy files from my prod backup into the dev folders, restart Tomcat, and make things work? This has been going on for three weeks now and I am really frustrated.
Thanks in advance!