I want to identify field / name of parent in sub-task. Could you provide me with what field / name of
parent issue in sub-task, please?
Let me assume this senario.
At first I create a parent issue. Then, create sub-task. At this point, parent issue's link or issue id
will be linked with sub-task? How can I see / identifiy what parent issue is in sub-task?
The summary of a sub-task is almost always prefixed with the ID of the parent issue, and there's no need to think about "links" as the sub-task always belongs to a parent.
There are some places where it is not, but only when the display is already making it obvious, such as when you are viewing the parent and looking at the "sub tasks in this issue" panel.
In the sub-task post-function you can access the parent issue as "sourceIssue" and then can display the key of the parent issue in the custom field of the sub-task.
Can I call this field/data in Confluence via the JIRA macro? I have a table of sub tasks and I'd like to display a column indicating their parent issue.
thanks
No, it's not a field at that point, it's a convenience for coders. You'll want to find or write a field that provides a display of the parent as though it's a normal field.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.