JIra help describes making a comoonent default assignee be a specific Jira user, but in order to have coverage when that person is gone, can the default assignee be a Jira group or even an Outlook DL?
Hi @Hilde Weisert at this time, the standard application doesn't allow groups to be the default assignee. I found this Suggestion CONFCLOUD-72555 submitted on Atlassian's Jira site (jira.atlassian.com). Feel free to vote for and watch it for further updates.
THanks, could you point me to where Suggestions are submitted so I can vote? Went to the Jira site but can't find that.
whoops, I forgot to add the link. I edited my post.
I just read the weekly cloud features email Cloud Changes and what do I see, but something about a 'Team' field that's rolling out that looks promising. Click on that link and scroll down to the 'Jira Platform' section and read it. That looks promising.
Um, that link is to a Confluence Cloud table improvement.
Assignee has to be an individual. It cannot be a group, so you can't make a component lead a group.
I doubt Atlassian are ever going to change that - one of the reasons the assignee field was built that way originally was too many problems in legacy issue-trackers that were assigning groups and therefore having massive tracking and responsibility problems.
The new Team field might be appropriate to have alongside an individual though.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.