in my Confluence most of the space URLs come with a KEY in it, as I suppose is normal. For instance : http://confluence/display/<strong< a="">>HELP/Help+Home
however, in some occasions the URLs are in the format http://confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8945800
How can I make sure that I show URLS always in the format /display/KEY/ and not in the viewpage.action?
thanks for the help!
Don't use special characters in page names - that's the main culprit for Confluence reverting to using the page ID
hello, thanks, but it doesn't seem to be the case. I removed the potential special characters (I saw one case only with a - ) but the pages are still shwn with a PageID...
Any other potential culprit?
I'm sure there are others, but I don't know what they might be - I've only ever run into the special characters thing (and a plugin as well, not sure which one - if you used a macro from it on a page, it would always use the page id. Think it was a bug). It might be that the special character in the historical name of the page is enough too, but I'm guessing there.
Cool, thanks Nic, I will check this 2 other possible scenarios and see what could be the going on. Thanks for the help!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.