What am I doing wrong? I only mapped Summary and Issue Key and this error shows up.
Hi @Meg C and welcome,
issue key is an internal field managed by jira that is based on an incremental number filed at project level. You can't force your own issue key.
Hope this clarifies,
Fabio
Hi @Meg C
Issue Keys are not possible to import unfortunately - you can't guarantee the same issue key (or key number) is set during a CSV upload.
You could load them into another field though to refer to in future - such as a single line text field, or labels.
Ste
You can't retain issue keys unless they
It doesn't really retain the keys, at all. Jira will simply create the issues in the order it reads them and hence matches the old issue key. If you have issue keys that don't match the project scheme, they're useless to Jira, but you can import them into a custom field if you want to retain the historical records.
hi,
Check if you do not have a mandatory custom field on your project. If yes, you will need to map this field on your import.
Thanks Fabio. Now that I think about it, the issue key doesn't matter as long as I am able to import my old projects into this new Jira anyway.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.