Hello,
I can't see the "story points estimated" field in the screens. It shows up in the configuration, but when I create an issue, I can't see it.
What could be the problem?Thanks!
Hello Jorge,
What type of issue did you create? The story points field would not be visible in the screen if it is a subtask. Usually you can see story points for epics and stories.
Regards,
Ritu
Hi @Jorge Alastuey
as a first step when you ask yourself, 'Why can't I see that field' always try out the "Find your field" menu in issue create screen or issue detail page.
Please share your findings of "Find your field" so we can help you further.
Quickest way to figure it out is to use the "Find your field" option. On the view issue Screen, click on the ellipses and select "find your field". Here you can type in the field name you are looking for.It will detail where it is missing (configuration, screen, issue type) - see below example:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-are-story-points/
I think you might need to do some configuration by yourself.
Here is the official manual:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/add-a-context-to-a-custom-field/
Works!
OMG Again, after looking in many places, I can't get the asterisk for mandatory in this field.Learning curve ...
Jorge, you also mentioned looking for the way to make a field mandatory. This is set in the Field Configuration for the project.
Go to your Project Settings, Summary and then look for Field Configuration that the project is using. Click on that Field Configuration you are using and find the field you want to make mandatory. Click "Required"
Thanks, but i don´t have mandatory field
The Story Point Estimate field is locked due to it being a managed field in Jira SoftwareThese fields are locked to prevent accidental changes which can subsequently break the operation of JIRA Software.
The field is a build-in and locked. It ist there to be used in team-managed projects.
If you need a Story Points field, you may create your own field. Therefore you may use a Jira standard custom number field.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.