Hi All,
Has anyone had any success with creating email subscriptions to JIRA Dashboards and Reports so a user can create a comprehensive BI/Dashboard/Report with charts, graphs, lists of issues, etc. and have this report generated and emailed to a specified set of users at a specified interval (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)? Basically the same email settings as filter subscribtions, but for a comprehensive BI/dashboard-style report rather than just a list of issues.
I've had a look at a few threads on here:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/71326/printing-or-exporting-a-jira-report
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/10983/jira-reports
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/40824/emails-from-filters
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/3983/send-an-email-from-jira-dashboard
and a couple of plugins:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.valiantys.jira.plugins.reporting
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.midori.jira.plugin.pdfview-metadata
but I haven't found anything that does exactly what I want in generating a graphical report that can be configured to be automatically emailed to users at a specified interval.
I've started looking at custom development for this, but my initial impression is that it's going to be non-trivial as it's going to involve:
1. Generating the reports
2. Converting them to PDF or similar so they can be embedded/attached to emails rather than users having to log in to JIRA
3. Managing the subscriptions
Would appreciate peoples' opinions on this. Has anyone done it? Woud you advise doing it? Am I over or under thinking the complexity of the customisation? Would you push JIRA data to a BI tool and generate the reports from that instead?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Andrew.