Need help with a very basic question.
I want to add Meta description and Meta Title tags to some pages in my confluence space. How can I do this please?
Thanks
Here's some plugins which may be helpful (commercial plugins);
TechTime EasySEO Plugin
Adaptavist Theme Builder plugin (has some SEO options)
There's another question on Answers about this which might also be useful to you: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/29254/confluence-and-seo
Have you tried using the Confluence Tabular Metadata Plugin?
Thank you for your reply Joseph. Does this plugin help include the following HTML tags to my wiki pages?
<META NAME="Title" CONTENT="Page Title Here"><META NAME="description" CONTENT="page descr here">
I tried but not much luck.
Oh, sorry, my bad - I was thinking about "metadata" in general, rather than specifically being able to add the HTML meta tag to pages.
I don't think the metadata plugin does that, sorry.
Thank you so much Joseph. You have been a great help.
I actually tried the EasySEO plugin which is great but it only works for default themes. I am using the documentation theme for my content. For other themes it says "embed in your own theme decorators" but I am not sure how to edit the theme decorators of the documentation theme.
Just updating this thread if anyone looked for information later:
1) Confluence, frustratingly doesnt allow changing the decorators of themes other than the default theme.I hope they fix this soon.
2) Therefore I have edited the Main.vmd file of the documentatin theme on the disk where the company documentation is hosted. The only downside is that the changes affect to all spaces but that is ok by me since I need SEO in all spaces.
Thank you Joseph for your valuabe inputs. I actually want to look more into the THeme Builder plugin but we are in a hurry to get the SEO thing going so I actually have to put that for later. Thx again; you have been a great help.
Hi MPal,
I've had the same issue so I've shared my tool for that: SEO Manager. Creates a sitemap and lets you change meta tags for pages.
Cheers,
Adrien
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.