Hello everybodyHow can I assign specific projects to people and not see the rest of the company's projects while using the free plan?Is there any guide that explains it well? I have a hard time understanding itThanks!
Hi,
since you are using Jira free plan, you are not able to change the project role assignment (people tab) or change the permission scheme.
Native Jira has the free for all concept. So everyone sees every project.
Read more on limitations of Jira's free plan.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/limitations-in-jira-cloud-free-plans-1097175877.html
Project permissions, roles, and issue-level security aren't customizable in Jira Work Management and Software Free.
You can assign users to roles, specific to a project, by adding the user to the desired role under the project's settings.Go to Projects (under the settings cog)Find the project you want the user to have access and click on Project Settings (the ellipses)Go to Summary (Left panel)Under Roles, click on "View project roles"Click add peopleType in users name/email and choose the role you wish to assign to the userThis will allow the user to have access to this project only and have the permissions that are assigned to him based on the role selected.I unfortunately am not familiar with the behavior or limitations of the free plan, this is based on the standard cloud license we work with.
Thanks WolfgangUnfortunately, I expected it
Hi @Jorge Alastuey I'm Rachel, a Product Marketing Manager at Atlassian. Are you new to Jira Software? I would love to learn more about your experience with our product, let me know if you have ~20 minutes for a quick chat and I can set up some time for us via email. Looking forward to meeting you! 😊
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.