Hi!
I have a project set up following the hierarchical example seen here.
So for example, I have:
- A field called "Category", where the options are Opportunity or Solution
- A field called "Opportunity", where the options available are our 7 or so different primary opportunities
I have "parent" tickets for each Opportunity -- I have an idea titled "Data Visualization" where Category field = "Opportunity", and Opportunity field = "Data Visualization". This is the "parent" ticket.
Then I have several "child" tickets for solutions that fit under the Data Vis opportunity -- they are set to Category field = "Solution", and Opportunity field = "Data Visualization".
In this way I can create high-level views of major opportunities, as well as drill-down views of the associated solutions (the video explains better than I can with text, and the screenshot below illustrates it fairly well). The parent/child implication is really all facilitated through views with various filters.
The actual question:
My "child" Solution tickets have Annual Recurring Revenue values (extracted from Salesforce-integrated insights on each ticket). I would like to roll up the ARR from all ideas with the same Solution so that it can be displayed in views when I'm looking at the "parent" Opportunity ticket.
Essentially I need a formula that says "display the sum of all of the ARR from all other tickets with the same Opportunity value as this ticket".
Rollup Revenue = sum (ARR where Opportunity = {this idea's Opportunity value})
Current state:

Desired state:

If not possible with the built-in formula fields, can anyone think of a way to accomplish this with automation functionality, or some other solution? I was also contemplating copying all insights from child tickets to the parent ticket, either manually or through automation, but that sounds rough to maintain.