I would like to select all tasks assigned to the current user, where no subtasks are assigned to the current user. This will let me make a report that warns a developer if they are currently accountable for a functional user story, but not working on any technical subtasks related to it.
I thought it would be this (using the Scripted JQL functions):
assignee = currentUser() and (issueFunction in parentsOf("assignee != currentUser()"))
Unfortunately this subquery does not include unassigned subtasks, despite the assignee presumably being null in this case. I tried experimenting with multiple issueFunction clauses, but that seemed like a bit of a rabbit-hole when what I want is not that complicated.
An example of what I want in SQL would look something like this:
select distinct t.* from Task t join Subtask st using (t.Id = st.TaskId) where t.AssigneeId = CurrentUserId and st.AssigneeId != CurrentUserId
If you're a SO user, I also posted the question here. http://stackoverflow.com/q/24356644/614523