I am trying to install JIRA 5.1.8 on a brand new debian 6.0.6 system. The problem I'm facing is that application keeps throwing the message
"The Control port you have chosen appears to be in use. Please choose a different port number."
and I can't pass beyond this step.
No matter which port I choose I get the same response. I have tried tried 4540, 8004, 8005, 8015, 8102, and 10600.
Exact response is below:
Configure which ports JIRA will use.
JIRA requires two TCP ports that are not being used by any other
applications on this machine. The HTTP port is where you will access JIRA
through your browser. The Control port is used to Startup and Shutdown JIRA.
Use default ports (HTTP: 8080, Control: 8005) - Recommended [1, Enter], Set custom value for HTTP and Control ports [2]
1
The Control port you have chosen appears to be in use. Please choose a different port number.