Hello,
we need to know how to encrypt the password of the user who connect to mysql database in JIRA.
Thanks in advanced.
Rodrigo.
improvement request has raised on this, check this
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31004
check this it may help you
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/58241/setting-up-integratedsecurity-in-dbconfig-xml
Hi Rodrigo,
Can you elaborate on more detail? By default JIRA internal users paswords are encyrpted using Atlassian Security encryption while other directories password is not stored on JIRA database.
I'm sorry, I'll try to explain better.
I'm speaking about the database password. I've read that some people has asked to encrypt the database password because it's in plain text in the dbconfig.xml file.
We've the same problem, could you tell me if it is solved or will be soon?
Could you propose any solution or alternative?
Ok, so as I can see It's not solved yet.
Is this issue fixed? We are actually running into this issue as well, as of right now the db password is stored in cleartext in the dbconfig.xml
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.