I would like Jira to send an email/Notifications to a teams channel xyz@demo.com if new incidents/tickets are reported, i.e. there is a new item found in any filter conditions.
Please suggest how can we achieve this.
Hello @RG
That sounds like a good idea.
@[deleted]Any suggestions or idea, Please advise.
Hmm, if it were me, I'd write an automation rule that, when a new ticket was created, an email notification would be sent to an email address that was associated with a Teams channel.
Hi @RG
You need to create an automation rule on your project.
Automation should trigger on issue created and then use the action sent teams message.
On the channel in team where you want to show the notification, you should create a incoming webhook connector.
The url of the webhook should be used in the Jira automation rule on the action
example rule:
I think we can achieve by this app: Advanced Microsoft Teams Jira Connector | Atlassian Marketplace
Jira server is EOL on 02/2024, so I suggest you migrate to cloud or update to Jira DC (if you want to keep running on-prem)
In Cloud and DC Jira automation is there by default, and then you can use my suggestion and wouldn't be needing a 3rd party app.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.