Steps to reproduce issue
1) Login to Jira on Google Chrome (Version 115.0.5790.102 (Official Build) (arm64)) using a Mac (Monterey 12.6.3 (21G419))
2) Create a story
3) Add content to the description and select text with mouse
4) Hover over the "Link" button above the description text area
5) See the tooltip displayed that states the keyboard shortcut is CMD + K (See screenshot below) 
6) Press CMD + K
Expected result
When pressing CMD + K after selecting text, external link formatting will be applied e.g. [ word selected | http://example.com ] - Added spaces to this example because if I hadn't then it wouldn't have demonstrated what I was expecting the result to be.
Issue
Nothing happens when pressing CMD + K
Impact
Increased time on task for anyone who uses Jira via Chrome/Mac and inserts links into story descriptions.
Other relevant info
- When selecting a word and pressing another keyboard shortcut such as CMD + B, the expected result applies, so we can be sure that keyboard shortcuts aren't turned off entirely.
- When pressing CMD + K in the "Text" view it works as expected but when in the "Visual" view it doesn't
- I've checked with our internal IT team and they said "I suspect there is a bug in Jira related to this, its not a feature we can enable/disable."
Question
Is this a Jira bug?