for a certain number of users we plan to grant only a limited time of working hours wherein employees can access confluence.
Does anyone has an basic idea of how such a task could be achieved.
I think a user would still need to log in to check time-permission but to redirect him to a "timeout message page" with no further access instead of entering dashboard.
Your ideas and suggestions are appreciated.
----
Update 8. Jul. 2011
Thanks for all of your suggestions until now. I did some testing with reporting-plugin meanwhile. My setup is now as follows:
An employee becomes a member of a timeout-group. I check this group membership on a global bases and I did set a time-frame which will be checked against global time. If the user belongs to this group and he is not within this time-frame, he will be redirected to a specific page that shows a timeout message and than redirects this user again to the log-out page.
This works now for working hours and for saturdays and sundays. I would need to embed a calendar to get a fully working version of this setup, because I would need to embed all kinds of holidays too – quite complicated.
May you have more suggestions of how to achieve such a task.