I wonder if there is a safe way to "Just change URL" of the entire jira (Datecenter), like changing "Jira.somedomain.com" to "sth.somedomain.com"
Can u please guide me to an appropriate approach?
Hi @Mohammad RahmaniNasab ,
This is not done from UI. You need to contact your server (windows/Linux) admins to change the url.
After the URL is setup in backend, you need to modify the jira base URL as described below:
To configure the base URL:
In the sidebar, select General configuration.
Select Edit settings.
Enter the new URL in the Base URL text box.
Select Update to save your changes.
Details in https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-the-base-url-938847830.html
Thanks for your response,
do you think this approach has any side effects ?
I want to be aware of any possible risks.
I'll be thankful for your response.
I would request you to try in your test instance, check for any issues/problems and then do changes in production.
You may want to update the application links to remap to the new url.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.