How would I find the cause of: Could not connect to 'jdbc:mysql://<server-address>/bugzilla?autoReconnect=true&useUnicode=true&zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull': Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
I would like to know if it is a problem with my server and what to do to remedy it. That error message does not give me enough information.
Update:
I'm doing this on a test server with Jira 4.4 and all I see now is:
Error connecting to the database: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
-- This is not enough information. I want to know:
1) If it could find the server (after all FTP, HTTP etc will tell you that a host is unreachable)
2) If it could find the server then if the login details are incorrect (again FTP etc will tell you that your login is incorrect)
Currently I am not getting detail in 1) and 2) I need. Just saying "error connecting to database" is opaque and not helpful.