Hi there, I am configuring our Team's Jira Kanban Board. We use Epics, Tasks, Stories and Sub-Tasks. Epics we use to cluster our company field activities (lets call them Business Units).
Now every Business Unit has it's specific Sub-Units. An Epic is a Sub-Unit (eg. SU-001)
My Goal: I want to configure quick-filters on the Kanban Board in order to only show issues (Tasks, Stories) related to a specific Business-Unit. So far, the Sub-Units (SU) have no link to the Business-Unit (BU), except the title of the Issue.
For my current query I used "Epic Link" IN (SU-001, SU-002, SU-003 ... ) because I know, which epic belongs to which Business-Unit.
However, this is a static query. If there are new Epics (Sub-Units) I have to manually change the filter, which is not desired. Thus, we have multiple boards, using the same filters.
Now I would like to automate this query, for instance by adding a data-field (lets call it Datafield BU) in the Epic (eg. SU-001) to say: Epic SU-001 belongs to Business-Unit A (lets call it BU-A), for example.
The JQL would be something like: "Filter all issues, with Datafield BU = BU-A in issuetype = Epic"
Do you have any suggestions? Does this work without additional plugins such as JQL Search Extensions for Jira? We are currently not in the cloud yet, but will move next year I believe.
If there is an alternative, easier way, let me know
.
Big Thanks in advance! Br, Fabian