I've been using the atlassian connector with IntelliJ for many months now, and now suddenly a problem has appeared. I have no idea what happened between "working" and "not working". It just appeared when I was about to close an issue in the middle of a coding session.
If I "Test connection", the following message is shown:
com.atlassian.theplugin.commons.remoteapi.RemoteApiException: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: /goodpost
at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.soap.JIRASessionImpl.login(JIRASessionImpl.java:203)
at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.JIRAServerFacade2Impl.testServerConnection(JIRAServerFacade2Impl.java:140)
at com.atlassian.theplugin.commons.jira.IntelliJJiraServerFacade.testServerConnection(IntelliJJiraServerFacade.java:243)
at com.atlassian.theplugin.idea.config.serverconfig.ProductConnector.connect(ProductConnector.java:31)
at com.atlassian.theplugin.ConnectionWrapper.run(ConnectionWrapper.java:63)
If I try to open an issue by "searching for JIRA issue" and typing in a valid issue key, I get the following:
com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.rss.JIRAException: com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.rss.JIRAException: Connection error. Received too many redirects (more than 3)
at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.JIRAServerFacade2Impl.getIssue(JIRAServerFacade2Impl.java:214)
at com.atlassian.theplugin.commons.jira.IntelliJJiraServerFacade.getIssue(IntelliJJiraServerFacade.java:169)
at com.atlassian.theplugin.idea.jira.IssueListToolWindowPanel$IssueFetcher.run(IssueListToolWindowPanel.java:486)
at com.atlassian.theplugin.idea.jira.IssueListToolWindowPanel$13.run(IssueListToolWindowPanel.java:456)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl$TaskRunnable.run(ProgressManagerImpl.java:423)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl$2.run(ProgressManagerImpl.java:174)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl.executeProcessUnderProgress(ProgressManagerImpl.java:202)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl.runProcess(ProgressManagerImpl.java:165)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl$6.run(ProgressManagerImpl.java:332)
at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl$7.run(ApplicationImpl.java:386)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl$1$1.run(ApplicationImpl.java:130)
Caused by: com.atlassian.theplugin.commons.remoteapi.RemoteApiException: com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.rss.JIRAException: Connection error. Received too many redirects (more than 3)
at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.JIRAServerFacade2Impl.getRssSession(JIRAServerFacade2Impl.java:116)
at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.JIRAServerFacade2Impl.getIssue(JIRAServerFacade2Impl.java:207)
... 16 more
Caused by: com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.rss.JIRAException: Connection error. Received too many redirects (more than 3)
at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.rss.JIRARssClient.login(JIRARssClient.java:311)
at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.JIRAServerFacade2Impl.getRssSession(JIRAServerFacade2Impl.java:112)
... 17 more
The only thing I know of that have changed recently is that I this morning upgraded our evaulation license to a starter license as the evaulation was set to expire tomorrow. However, I had no problem using the connector afterwards, until it starting failing now.