can we import any templates to jira & export the issue details on that word document? Im using jira version 4.4
What do you mean by this?
JIra can export issues to Word, in a standard format. If you are ok to do some coding, you can change the output it generates. But I'm not sure what you are looking to "import"?
I have a company template. I need to generate the word document into that template. is there any way to import that template?
Yes, but as I said, if you want to change the output format, you'll need to do some coding to make the export generate the format you want. You'd need to use your company template to inform your coding.
The word export is simple and generic (Atlassian can't accommodate thousands of customers all with slightly different formats, especially as the system should be concentrating on issue tracking internally, rather than exporting), and it's actually not that painful to change.
Start at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Customise+Word+Export+Template+for+JIRA
But through this way we cant get the pictures Rigth? & Can we export the issues in muliple pages? Or is how can we break the pages?
There is now a plugin Intelligent Reporter that can use your companies Microsoft Word template as a template, and fill in the issue data exactly where you need it. It is entirely point and click, there is no coding involved.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.clariostechnology.intelligentreports
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.