So I created a new user the other day (my first time) - sys admins usually do it, but I saw the 'Add Users' button so I figured I'd give it a shot. A person, lets call her Lynn Craig, needed an account. When JIRA prompted me to type a username I typed 'lcraig', but apparently that username already existed - belongs to someone else, lets call her Laurie Craig - Well, JIRA did not throw up a flag saying that the username already existed.
So, the result of this was all of the issues that Laurie Craig's name was on turned into Lynn Craig. I tried to then change Lynn's username to 'lycraig'. It was successful in updating the username, but it did not go back and fix the names on the issues.
I migrated as many of the issues as I could back to Laurie, but some (approx. 70) are comments - which I have not found a way to change back to Laurie.
Can anyone help me get this corrected?